Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kids playroom loveseat (Ikea fabric)

This loveseat was for my client that was redoing her basement and turning it into a playroom. She got her fabric from Ikea. She said it was such a random crazy pattern, that she didn't think it needed to be matched up....but I couldn't help myself, I pattern matched the seat cushions to the back cushions (mountain continues).

Loveseat before, I think it used to be her mom's



Loveseat After



Close up of the cushion pattern match (seat pattern continues up on to back cushion)



She chose the no skirt option, so we just ended it with piping. I think the kids will love it!



Photobucket


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!

giveaways

16 comments:

rachele said...

Your amazing! You did a wonderful job!! If I could have one tenth of your talent I'd be happy. :)

Joseph's Grainery Recipes said...

Nice work! Love the fabric!

Amanda M. said...

You are SO talented. I absolutely LOVE this.

Haydee said...

Holy cow gorgeous!

Momma said...

Wow! Beautiful!

KasiaJ said...

That fabric makes me really happy. And what a fantastic slipcovering job! I love that you made the pattern match up; way to go the extra mile!

Amber said...

Holy crap!! This is so cute, what a great job!!

Rob McDonald Family said...

Wow! I can't believe you matched the mountain..that is so amazing! Love your blog..such a great inspiration. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful- that fabric is perfect for a play room! You did a wonderful job!

-Kendall
{Songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

Unknown said...

Wow, I have never seen fabric like that and I love how you pattern matched the back and seat cushions!
Beautiful.
Gina

Ralna said...

AMAZING! I have just recently started reupholstering and wow...looks great!

Camille said...

you never let me down! it turned out awesome!

Sharlyn said...

That looks amazing! I got the DVD and am looking forward to a project when winter sets in. Great job!

Ali Richardson said...

Hi! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :)
I love the way this couch came out. Ikea has some awesome fabric! Sewing is one art I haven't attempted yet. I have the machine, now I just need about 3-kid free hours to learn how to thread the thing..ha ha.
keep up the good work :)

Wendy said...

That couch looks fantastic! Great job! I am an interior decorator always looking for good seamstresses. Will you email me with your prices?goodeggwendy@gmail.com
You are amazing at slipcovers!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Incredible! I am a sewer and I get the pattern matching -- it's not easy and you are certainly a master :) I just found you and am so glad I did.