My bedroom before looked like this.
Bedroom--- BEFORE... notice the bench, endtables and lamp.....I changed them all out.
Long story short...by the time I went back to IKEA the curtains were sold out, and I was only able to buy one panel which was the sample. My original plan was to make the set of curtains into a duvet cover. I settled on making it a footwarmer instead.
I ordered the green bird fabric from http://www.fabric.com/ It's called Aviary Moss by Thomaspaul. I ordered another fabric that had turquoise and green together....but it didn't work out, the green was way too bright! It was almost fluorescent.
I had to come up with a pillow that tied all my colors together. I sifted through my stash and found a small piece of turquoise velvet, green stripe, green linen, and some gray solid. It was perfect...and on the first try too. I love it when it comes together and I am not second guessing myself and changing my mind.
I also found some scraps of some gray/white damask fabric that I used to slipcover my lamp shades.
I also ordered this blue chevron for my chair from http://www.fabric.com/. I don't like being super matchy, so I put together this bolster pillow out of some more scraps and some gray ribbon. I decided to not use piping on the pillows...just to give it a different feel than I normally do.
I picked up this amazing coffee table at the thrift store for $30. I loved the dark wood and the detail of the carving and the little finial things on the feet. It was perfect for a bench at the end of the bed.
I picked up the magazine basket and turquoise suit case at the thrift store as well, another $5 well spent.
I bought this turquoise artichoke votive holder at Hobby Lobby. I set it in the white bowl that Logan made me for Mother's Day a few years ago.
I kept my white duvet and bedskirt....that's why I like to do neutral duvets and slipcovers. That way you only have to switch out your pillows for a quick change.
I switched out my lamps for ones that were in the front room....a little bit more weighty and substanial.
I kept my tan curtains.... They bring warmth and they worked with the wood tones.
I ditched my black end tables that were too big and showed off all my junk underneath on the shelf. I picked up a few sewing machine cabinets at the thrift store for $15 each and used them as my new end tables. The height and scale was perfect. I also loved the dark wood. They are a little scuffed up...but like my dad used to say, "it adds character"
I kept the gray Euro pillows...they still worked with the new lamp shade covers. I also painted my armoir gray too.
Close up of the footwarmer...How beautiful is that fabric! This is what started it all......