Saturday, May 22, 2010

Painting @cabin finished!!

So yesterday...we got to go back up to the cabin and put it back together since it was done getting painted. I was so excited to put all my slipcovers back on and Heber was going to finish up getting the trim on the windows and baseboards back up. We also got two more sets of curtains hung in the family room.

I love the paint on the walls!!! We left the ceiling and trim and doors and baseboards dark wood, and I am so glad I chose this option I love it. It helps it feel a little more cabiny than cottage with the wood paneling on the ceiling. You know it's all about comprimise, I have a turquoise sectional and flowered pillows up there, I gotta give the man something.

So you know how men don't get as excited as us women when it comes to before and afters...when I asked Heber if he thought it looked good, all I got was "It's fine, I didn't really think it need to be painted in the first place...and now it smells different when you walk in" HMMM maybe it smells like fresh paint and not rustic wood smell. Which is starting to come back since he cut a ton of new wood for the fireplace. I have to admit I loved that rustic smell too when I walked in. I love that man for doing all that work for me, when he didn't really think it needed to be done.

Dining room
Family room
Bunkroom
parson chair in yellow polka dot with knife pleat skirt
Loft

11 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

How much do you love it????!!! It's very simple, clean and still cabiny. Great work. You must be on cloud 9.

coryshay said...

Wow! What a great little haven you have made up there! You did such a beautiful job!

April @ The Painted Cupboard said...

It looks fabulous Shelley! Great job!!

Becky said...

It looks amazing with all of your slips! I knew it would :)

Katie Gee said...

W-O-W! I love it!

Cyndi said...

Just beautiful love the clean look of the white paint on the walls!

Unknown said...

Just saw your slipcovers at Quincy Cottage! They were amazing!
If I'm ever in the need of slipcovers I know what to do.

Tiffany said...

Looks fabulous!

inkley boys said...

shelly its so darling!!! and you should see how cute my slipcovers on my couch. I need to get pillow fabric at some point this summer so you can whip up some of those and maybe the ottoman. your darling thanks so much for the hard work on my slips!

Amy said...

Wow - what an amazing transformation! LOVE the blue table!

Randy DeLaMare said...

What a great job you guys have done with the cabin. It is an amazing place now. You have such great vision.I could tell from the first time I walked through it with you you had a plan to make it yours.