Thursday, September 2, 2010

Camille's Front Room

So Camille is my running partner, and she needed help with her front room. So when I went to Reno this summer I went to the fabric store and found this amazing gray paisley for $6/yd. I was inspired and called her and told her that we should do her front room in yellow and gray.

So about a month ago, she came up to the cabin to help me paint the dresser and mirror...and we went to the St. Lawrence thrift store in Heber city, Ut. Her chair was from the free pile out back, and check out the amazing coffee table she picked up for $5 that she painted white.

The couch was from my sister's yard sale for $20, as was the floral fabric for $2, as were the rectangle pillow forms $1/each. The gray rectangle pillow on the couch was fabric from the trash at the Design company that I asked if I could have. It was just big enough to do the front of that pillow.

The light gray fabric on the couch was from the Step Down Sale at the design company for $3/yd. I love the way it all fell into place!! I could sit in there forever.



Chair Before
Chair after in the gray paisley

Close up of the chair

Couch before


Couch after in a light gray canvas with no skirt.

The whole room put together
Close up of the front of the couch. When I don't put a skirt on I sew a row of piping along the bottom and then topstitch the seam allowance up, so that it doesn't fall out.
Close up of the pillows
Chair
Camille chilling in her new room!!




Photobucket

31 comments:

Cozy Cottage Slipcovers said...

Great transformation! Nice pillow fabrics too.

Becky said...

I LOVE the paisley chair!!

Camille said...

O my gosh! i love it :) Thanks so much!

Holly said...

Wow it looks fabulous!

Andy Porter said...

How CUTE!! I love the fabric you found for that chair!! What a steal!! The room looks amazing!!

Angie Monson said...

Shut it! This is my favorite room ever you have ever done! I want that grey and white modern fabric.

Tonii said...

Seriously shelley, that room is gorgoeous!! I love to go across the street and just stare at it all :) You are ridiculously talented!

Lyndee W. said...

I'm fabulously in love with all your work. But, paisley? Hello! My favorite fabric of all time. I also love the pic with Millie in the reflection of the mirror...so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my.....these are beautiful....just like you said!! Wow, love the paisley. Grey is so popular right now, and I love it with the bright color trim on the pillows. You did an awesome job matching pattern also. Yah!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lavender and Linen said...

What a great business to have! I wish you were close to my home, I would definitely hire you.

You do wonderful work!

I'm your newest follower.

Angie said...

Beautiful job Shelly! Wish I had that fabric! Gray is one of my favorite colors and paisley is my favorite pattern.

Screaming Meme said...

In love with that sofa...:) Great job! Hugs, Meme

Sjn said...

I love!!! the fabrics, the gray and yellow together... drool!
Great look and great work!

Stephanie said...

Just saw this at Tatertots and jello, you are a very talented woman. I love your choice of colors and the slip covers are so perfectly made. Do you do slip covers in San Diego???

Laura said...

I am so impressed! You did a great job for very little money! I like yours much better than any Trading Places!

Heather* said...

I just LOVE that slip cover fabric! HEART

Mary said...

Wow - this is just gorgeous! Love the colors too!

Keriann said...

I am in love love love!! The gray and yellows are fantastic!!

Holly Lefevre said...

Beautiful. I am inspired. I need to make some slipcovers - not just some a lot! I'd be thrilled if they turn out half as lovely as yours! New follower.
Holly
504 Main

Unknown said...

Beautiful slip covers. I wish you were closer to Ohio! I am an interior designer who is often in need of a good slip cover.

Christi said...

Wow! That room looks great! What a great job keeping costs to a minimum!

Do you have a name/source for that cute yellow hounds tooth pillow?

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

@christi... I do have a little bit of the yellow houndstooth left. It was $6/yd and I think I have a yard left. Email me if you are interested, I could make you the pillow ($15 labor) or just mail you the fabric.

Scribbler said...

You do great slipcovers! I like the color scheme, too.

Diane at Perfectly Imperfect Life said...

I love the gray slipcover! I have a similar couch that is needing a slipcover and I will definitely use your non-skirt technique. Beautiful!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome makeovers...luv the colors! Thanks for coming to NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Vanessa said...

Stunning results, it looks so professional!

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

I'm such a fan of your slipcovers!! They're just amazing. I can't get over how perfectly they fit. I'm trying to work up the nerve to make slipcovers for two chairs that I bought at a garage sale for $4 each. They're fully upholstered, amazingly sturdy, and very boxy, which I'm hoping will make it easier. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Carol-Anne said...

Visiting from Addicted2Decorating.....love the slipcovers and the colour combinations you've chosen are beautiful!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Shelley,

I want that grey paisley!!!!!!!!
where can I get some????????

Your slips are fabulous as always!

Janet xox
http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

is this it???
http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/robert-allen-fabric/robert-allen-hampton-bays-pewter-fabric-.htm

Janet xox