Heber was nice enough to do the demo on his own. He tore down the old plywood, took out all the old insulation that the mice had gotten to. He knows I don't do mice very well...or actually at all. Once he had it all torn out, he calked in between every single floor plank. Then he put up plastic in between every joist.
Then this is when I stepped into help after running errands to buy more supplies and trying to keep all the boys fed and under control. They spent most of their time building a fort off in the trees.
I cut all the new insulation and helped put it up, then we had to put new plywood up to cover the insulation. Then Heber foamed every crack and joint, so that no little critters could crawl into the new insulation.
Heber working on stapling up the plastic
Close up of all the calking between the floor boards. I think I spent about $80 just on calking, and another $40 on spray foam.
Here's what it looked like with the new insulation before we put up all the plywood.
This is what Heber looked like after working in the dirt for a day....just imagine what the six boys looked like!!!
Here are some of the boys that came. So now that winter is going to be here next week, we are officially done with the outside projects until next year.
Next year we plan to put on a new roof and build stairs into the grade with railroad ties. We will also do the handrail on the deck.
This year our outside projects were
2)getting waterline buried
3)grading to make some flat areas
4)seeding and laying hay so we'll have growth next year...instead of dirt
5)reinsulating underneath the cabin