1. removed 3 walls (2 in family room and one in the dining room)
2. covered up the overlook in the loft to create more floor space
3. refinished the bathroom floor (sanded, stained, polyerethened)
4. changed every light fixture
5. put in 3 larger windows
6. dug and sunk the waterline 4 feet down and down 150 ft steep slope-- this required renting a mini excavator at least three times. It also required some hand digging on the steepest part. It's amazing Heber didn't tip the thing over.
7. graded and flattened out some space behind the cabin with the mini excavator
8. widened the burm on the driveway
9. installed new vanity, toilet, medicine cabinet in bathroom
10. ripped out old paneling in bathroom and put up beadboard
11. Installed new butcher clock countertop in kitchen
12. painted kitchen cabinets
13. tiled kitchen backsplash
14. removed old decking, put in new supports and relaid the deck
15. reinsulated underneath the cabin
16. painted all the walls white (did trade)
17. had septic tank pumped (hired out)
18. had the wood burning stove chimney put back up and installed new piping (hired out)
19. had the water line fixed (hired out).. it took us 8 months to get the water on and working, should have hired a professional sooner.
20. slipcovered all the furniture
21. made all the bedding and pillows
22. hung curtains
23. tiled in front of the fireplace
24. spread seed, so the dirt will be gone next year (excavating made lots of fresh dirt for the boys to play in)
25. installed new base boards and window trim
26. installed new apartment size appliances
27. installed new kitchen sink and faucet
28. took apart the sliding glass door and took off trim to fit the sectional couch inside
29. painted furniture
30. cleared brush and cut down dead trees
31. painted the outside trim
HERE ARE SOME BEFORE PICS
Dining room...I slipcovered the parson chairs in the same mustard polka dot as the club chairs.
Family room. I slipcovered the sectional in a turquiose cotton, and the club chairs in a mustard tiny polka dot.
Cabin in the winter... we are back full circle....1 yr... we have seen all the seasons.
The winter was magical and it was like a winter wonderland, the kids loved the steep driveway and talked about their tubing run all year long.
The spring was exciting to see all the new leaves and ground cover, you couldn't see the cabin from the road because of all the new leaves. When we looked at the cabin for the first time, all the leaves had fallen the week before, so we were really excited to see all the green for the first time.
The summer was warm and we could open all the windows and hear the wind chimes from the porch. Nothing was more fun than to sit on the deck in my adirondack chair and enjoy the view. The boys had fun making their forts.
The fall was incredible...so many different colors of leaves and brisk mornings when I thoroughly enjoyed the flannel sheets and down comforter.
We have worked hard on our little fixer upper...the boys have helped more than I thought they would. Next year we are hoping to finish up the last of our projects which will be the roof, handrail on the deck, and stairs built into the grade.
My dad would be proud...we bought all our boys tool boxes with their own tools for Christmas this year. If you think I am crazy with projects, you should meet my dad. I can never remember him sitting and watching tv when I was growing up...he was always working on something.