Sunday, January 23, 2011

Maui Trip

We had 5 days notice for this trip...I booked our room on a Saturday and we flew out on Wednesday! Nothing like last minute!

Maui was a lot of fun...sunny 78-82 degrees compared to 15 degrees at home that week. We hiked to some waterfalls and blow holes. We went on a whale watch tour. We boogie boarded. We hot tubbed. We slept in. We shopped. We went on the road to Hana.

We went on the "Blue Water Rafting" tour...which was the highlight of our week, we saw dolphins and whales about 20 feet from our raft. We got to get out and snorkel in secluded coves which were in the lava fields on the south end of the island. If you ever go to Maui, you have to go on this tour it's about $100 per person, and totally worth it. They even fed us lunch and it's a smaller group that you get to go with.


Heber and I snorkeling on the first day there.
My running partner and her husband came with us. Nice to have another girl around when the boys want to watch basketball and football every night on tv. We would go hang out in the other room and watch our shows.

Here is Heber when we went to explore the north end of the island.

Me and Camille on the north end of the island.



Heber and I on the whale watch tour. Definitely not as good as the Blue water Rafting trip in terms of seeing whales close up...but still fun.



Part of the road to Hana...we took the back way around.



I loved this turqouise church on the drive to Hana....really charming.


This was a beach in Hana



We hiked to a blowhole.


Hanging out on the beach...I think Heber is the only one that came home with a tan....I don't tan, I just get more freckles.
Heber basking in the sun on our "Blue Water Rafting Tour".


Some of the lava field rocks on our raft tour.
One more snorkeling pic...I love Maui, can't wait till next time.

Oh on a side note....I just added on a team for Del Sol Ragnar Relay....One more month and I get to run another race. My neighbor last week said she had a friend that had two people drop from her team, so we decided to take the spots last minute. CAN'T WAIT I love running the ragnar relays...they are the most fun thing you'll ever do!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

oooh, I love Maui. It's such a beautiful place.

Meredith said...

Yay for Ragnar del Sol! It will be my first Ragnar and I am so excited. I am team captain (cuz I was the only one stupid enough to take that on in our group) and we have 5 men and 7 women. I live here but it has taken me 10 years to start to appreciate the desert. I hope this helps!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

@ Meredith...I hear ya on the team captain thing...we've done it a few times. You are going to love the race! What's your team name? and I'll watch for you... I think our's is Sol Inviticus? I only know one other person on our team.