BEFORE.....My front room without the slipcovers.
Here was my first look...back in the day when I was loving shabby chic and ruffles.
Notice the blue paint and chair rail that we removed. I also sold my wall tree (coat rack), which just looked junky all the time. Somehow our house doesn't have a hall closet.
My third look...I tried to switch out the ottoman cover and some pillows to freshen and lighten it up....but I was never completely in love. A few weeks ago I went to a clients house and saw her daughters bedroom with horizontal gray and white stripes. OH MY GOSH....it was beautiful. I finally had my inspiration. I was getting lazy just trying to change the fabrics and not repainting the blue and removing the chair rail.
I have learned my lesson! Little updates when I haven't changed the base in 10 years isn't going to make me like it more....I just need to revamp the whole thing and not try to work around things (chair rail/ blue paint). IF....I just change it all and completely love it, I will be content for years.
I found the LARGE mirror at IKEA in the As- is department for $90. I used my Wall Tree proceeds to pay for it. I was hoping it would work and wasn't too big...luckily I was right, because you can't return As-is items.
With all the straight lines on the wall and chevron pillows, I felt the white chairs need some scrolly type fabric on the pillows. Made up these white and gray pillows with no piping (knife edge).
I also swiped the lamp from downstairs and put a barrel shade on it.
Close up of my trunk, my brother Clark tried to steal this from me when he left to college. He threw all his belongings in it and tossed it in the back of his pickup truck when he left. To make me feel better, he told me when I got married and wanted it back, he'd return it. 5 yrs later, I came collecting. His wife was sad to see it go.
So all in all, I spent $150 on paint and paint supplies, and $100 on accessories. Everything else I already had in other areas of the house...HOORAY for "in house shopping". Heber was a champ and did 75% of the painting. We used a laser line to tape off the stripes.