Monday, February 3, 2014

Pair of Barrel Chairs

My client picked up a pair of barrel chairs from ikea for her daughters room that she wanted to update a bit and make it feel a little more "grown up".



Barrel chair--BEFORE 



Barrel chairs--AFTER-- she chose a fabric that she can eventually transition the room into more of a teen room.

There was only a bit of matching :)! My Advanced Slipcover Guide teaches you how to plan and match with little effort.


 We did a 2.5" pleat ruffle around the base.



I sewed her bedding and pillows several years ago, when they first moved into their house.


SIDE NOTE---

About 2 weeks ago, we went to Costa Rica with 2 other couples from our neighborhood.

 We had an amazing time! It was so much fun to experience a different culture. Boxed milk, eggs on the shelf, guanabana (fruit), ceviche (raw fish in pico d'gallo, church (blow up pool for baptism out front), ketchup in a foil bag, crocodiles, crazy driving, etc.


We did a full day paddle board adventure with Paddle 9.  It was an AMAZING day! Paddle boarding in the bay, then they took us to the back country of Costa Rica to rock waterslides, and a waterfall that we jumped off, then to a beautiful beach for sunset. They bought us lunch and gave us Costa Rican treats and snacks. We drove in a rickety van with no a/c windows down with reggae music playing, true Costa Rica culture…I LOVED it!
Waterfall that Paddle 9 took us to! We jumped off the rock that was lodged at the top between the walls. IT took me about 5 minutes to convince myself to jump--it felt like the landing area was so skinny! Then I did it AGAIN! I love off the beaten track stuff--not touristy at all!

 Guanabana Shakes were a huge hit!! Apparently the only place in the U.S. that carries guanabana is Florida.


We rented a 2000 sq ft house with 3 bedrooms that had amazing views of the jungle with monkeys. One morning we could see the monkeys while we were laying in bed out our window! It was a five minute drive to the beach.

The water was super warm and it was about 95 degrees everyday with lots of humidity. Swim suit and cover up with flip flops everyday! This was Ventanas Beach--which means "windows", at low tide there are two tunnels/ caves that you can walk in the go out to the ocean.



Photobucket Photobucket

5 comments:

Ahna said...

Love them! Fun and classy:)

ltbpt said...

Your talent is on full display here.
That shape is a beast and you wrangled it flawlessly. Inspiring me to redo similar ones I have the RIGHT way!

laniebp said...

Wow, talk about a pro! That is amazing!

Beth@Makemeprettyagain.com said...

I just found your blog and am in awe of your work! Seriously beautiful. I can barely sew on buttons. You make it look effortless.

historypak said...

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. real leather sofas