Friday, March 12, 2010

Cabin Kitchen Cabinets

Before...there was a wall, but I had Heber take it out, it was between the cabinets and the dining table.

After...looking into the dining room.

The process...super fun. At least I had Camille there to help get the first coat on.

After


Glass tile backsplash



So last weekend...my running partner, Camille came with me up to the cabin to help me start painting the kitchen cabinets. They turned out great!!! Of course they look way better in person. I think I need to have my photographer sisters come up and do my pictures justice. We went up in the middle of a snow storm with her two little kids...good times. Pulling them up in the sled with all the paint supplies and overnight gear and food up hill after we ran 8 miles earlier in the day was pure comedy!! Oh did I mention it's a 1/2 mile from the parking lot up to the cabin.





I still need to grout the backsplash, but all in all you get the idea of what I am going for. We switched out the counter top to butcher block from IKEA. The backsplash is glass tile. I got it off buytile.com and it was free shipping with $150 purchase. I looked forever trying to find glass tile with turquoise and earthtones. This one didn't have any white in it and I really wanted the white appliances to look like they belonged so I bought a sheet of white tiles and popped some out every so often and put in a white tile. We still need to install the sink...but hey with the water not on yet there's no hurry right?





Now this weekend we are going to start refinishing the bathroom floor. We planned on tiling it... and bought all the supplies and hauled them all up there in the sled and started ripping up the sub floor and found the hardwood continued underneath. So Heber hauled all the tile back down to the car and I got to return everything and saved $200.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hi, I found your blog via Pink and Polka dot and cant believe no-one has commented. I think you have done such a great job in the cabin so far and you are a girl after my own heart with thrifted furniture and saving money. Keep posting :-)