Friday, September 23, 2011

Orange Damask Ottoman


Ottoman Before...


Ottoman after....orange damask with a boxpleat skirt.


She had two different pieces of fabric out of the same print...one was a heavier upholstry weight cotton and the other was quilt fabric weight. SO....to make it work I used the heavier weight fabric on the top and band and piping, and I used the lighter weight fabric for the skirt. I self lined the skirt to give it more weight.



Close up of skirt


Of course there was some matching involved from the top to the band on the side.


Another after shot.
I love how much it added to the room! It seems like Ottomans are the new throw pillows. I have always brought color into my rooms through the pillows and have kept my couch bases neutral....Now I think Ottomans are taking over that job! 

Side Note#1--- I Spent last weekend in North Carolina with my sister Angie...and we stayed with Gina from Slipcover Chic.

About a year and a half ago, Gina called me from my blog and had some questions about doing a slipcover business. We chatted and she offered up her guest room, if I ever wanted to come stay. Little did she know, I love to take trips and would most likely take her up on the offer.

We shopped, ate pecan pie, and met Kristi from Pink and Polka Dot for dinner. Kristi lives two hours from Gina! She drove to meet both of us for the first time! We tried to talk Kristi into coming to Gina's to stay over, but she decided she need to head home. So Gina and I stayed up and started slipcovering her couch... we got it all pinfitted!

The next day the sun finally came out....Gina took my sister and I to the beach. Somehow I sunburned the back of my legs pretty bad, they felt like they were on fire for my 6 hour flight home in jeans.

k38
       Me                                  Gina                               Kristi

Photobucket

7 comments:

Miss Charming said...

Beautiful design on the ottoman. I really like the pleating.

(My own ottoman has been waiting patiently for me to attempt to slipcover it. I can't decide between using a neutral fabric or one with a lot of pattern and color.)

It looks as though you had a fun trip.

Unknown said...

I love this ottoman! The material is so bright and fun. The box pleat skirt is my favorite style too.

Tanya said...

You do such great work! I'm completely inspired to tackle my own slipcovers.

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

Love the orange ottoman! Loved meeting you, Angie and Gina! Next time I am sooo staying the night! Glad the sun finally came out for yall!

Sewlutions' World said...

That sounded like so much fun! I am a sucker for orange so I am totally loving it.

Ally said...

Love your stuff! Come stop by at www.mrsschmidheiser.blogspot.com :)

Unknown said...

I love this and I loved your visit with me.