Friday, September 30, 2011

Gray Diamond Ottoman

This is the OTTOMAN THAT I COVET!!! My client ordered her fabric from Serena and Lily. I think I might NEED some of it. It would be beautiful on pillows in my front room.


Here is her ottoman before....Dark Leather, she wanted to add more fabric to the room. Since I love gray, I agreed.

She wanted to leave the dark legs exposed and just cover the top with piping along the top and bottom.

Of course there was matching involved.
Close up



We took pics in her garage, because she was in a hurry and needed to put her little one down for a nap. I wish I could've seen it in the room! This was the same client that had me do the Gray Hexagon Ottoman as seen below.

                            




 
 
 
 

Here is the yellow and gray fabric I bought on my trip in North Carolina....I am going to redo my ottoman in this. So yellow and gray with a pop of turquoise on my pillows. I've been doing all these fun ottomans for everyone else, and I decided I need one too!
See don't you think this gray diamond fabric will work well with it?

                            Serena and Lily Fabric by the Yard Diamond Bark



Photobucket

7 comments:

Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

that is pretty fabric!

Pine Tree Home said...

Love it. I bet that hex one was a doozey to fix up too.

Brandi said...

Hey Shelley!

How do you keep the slipcover from sliding all over the place? I have two square ottomans I bought at a garage sale and they are currently covered in '70's orange velvet. I started out making my first slipcover (using your DVD of course) with white canvas fabric, and it hasn't been pretty. I also wanted the legs to show but it seems to either be too small overall (used pre-washed fabric and measured the top just like you measured the cushion) or it's slipping around because the velvet is smoother? This ottoman being out of leather has got to be WAY slick...so I wondered if you had a tip/trick?

Thanks,

Brandi

Sewlutions' World said...

You get to work with the best fabrics!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looks outstanding...love that print!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Posh Ideas said...

Very Cute! I have the same ottoman and now my mind is racing with ideas!

grant + brittany said...

that fabric is uh.maze.ing. i love it!