Tuesday, February 14, 2012

White Twill Couch

This client was great and fun to talk to....she lived a bit further than I normally drive, but she kept me company and chatted with me during the whole fitting. My kind of gal!


COUCH--BEFORE
Here is her couch before...she wanted to switch out the back pillows for two cushions. We decided to go with the "touchdown", which is 50% down and 50% polyfiber mix. In my opinion it's the best of both worlds for a back cushion..."polyfiber" for the stability and "down" to keep it looking full and not flat and saggy over time. I took measurements and ordered her cushions from Ronco Industries in Sylmar, California.



COUCH-- AFTER
She had some awesome pillows to top it off.



I had to get a pic of this awesome green dresser....she found it in pretty rough shape on the side of the road, and she rescued it. She fixed it up and painted it green and added the white hardware.



Front of the arm...she went with a white brushed twill fabric, but decided to use the wrong side of the fabric...it had some lines in it that gave it a linen look. Plus with pets, the brushed side just collects their hair...so good choice for her.



I love the feel of it all together....DARLING!



Another after

Back view--- you can see the back cushions a bit better here...made the couch look a little more streamlined and tailored compared to the pillow back before.



Side Note--- Heading up to the cabin tomorrow for an overnight valentine date with Heber. We don't get up there much without the kids...so I am kind of excited. We are going tubing at Soldier Hollow where they have a tow rope that pulls you to the top of the hill. We are going to stop in at my favorite thrift store (St. Lawrence in Heber, Ut). And we are gonna go out to dinner. 





Photobucket

5 comments:

Tiffany Interiors, LLC said...

So beautiful! I love it! Her pillows are perfect for the new slipcover.

The Style Sisters said...

OH my gosh this looks amazing!!! I love the bold graphics on the pillows. It really looks so good. I may have to have you make one for my sofa..I live in South Jordan.

Have fun on your belated Vday get away!.
Karin

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how glad I am that you commented on my chair and then I found your site!!!!!!!! LOVE it all and am now your newest follower... THANK you for the kind words about my slipcover..it's only my third piece:) but there is something kind of addicting about changing a piece so drastically....I'm gonna be looking around your site!!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

amazing! You make me want to slipcover something now.

Anne Boykin said...

I admire your ability to change the look of a sofa and do it so beautifully! Kinda' makes me want to slipcover something too. Great inspiration.