Monday, August 1, 2011

Jen's 2 piece Sectional

Jen from Tatertots and Jello Blog emailed me to help her out with her BIG sectional. She ordered some turquoise cotton fabric from fabric.com. The back cushions were getting a little slouchy with the single piping (pillow style), so I ended up "boxing" (box cushion...2 rows of piping) them.

 She loves a boxpleat skirt, so I did a boxpleat skirt all the way around both pieces (2 piece sectional). It wasn't just a couch and a loveseat piece pushed together...it was 2 full size couches...It was LARGE.


Here is the before...nice, but just brown.



Here's what it looked like from the kitchen. It has a cool rolled back all the way around.



Here is the after. TURQUOISE!!!! She had reservations about the fabric. When I showed up to do the fitting she had her huge stack of 55 yds prewashed fabric sitting there, and she asks me, "What do you think? Am I crazy to do turquoise?"....my answer, "NO...my sectional at the cabin is slipcovered in turquoise fabric"...my second thought in my head, you already bought 55 yds and prewashed it, you can't return it! So let's do it!


LOOK how stinkin' amazing it looks!!!! Bright and Fun and it matched her pillows that she had already made. She said she's planning on painting the black table behind the couch cream/white.



I had to do little tucks on the back corners on the rolled back separated by piping (that's where I hid my zipper).


5" box pleat skirt all the way around.



She loved how cheerful it turned out. She was a great sport to let me come over for the fitting the morning she got back from being out of the country!!!
Her pillows.


Another after shot.



Another view.

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!


Photobucket

11 comments:

April @ The Painted Cupboard said...

Shelley, you are AMAZING!!!!!

Cozy Cottage Slipcovers said...

Love the turquoise! Looks great!

Cyndi said...

Great Job Shelley! I'm impressed you always do such a great job.

Barefoot Blueberry said...

I agree!! This is a great job. You are a great inspiration my friend. You give me courage to keep going!!!

Amy

Barbie said...

Awesome Shelley! How cool is that skirt and the color! I bet your customer flipped with excitement!!!! I just love slipcovers! Guess that's why we do what we do!

Susan Sutherlin said...

Now that is one HAPPY sectional

Susan
www.susansutherlin.blogspot.com

Lyndee W. said...

I love it!

Andreas Home Interiors said...

Beautiful work, love the vibrant colour and the skirt.

Andrea

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

That is so beautiful - I am in love with that color too!

Coley said...

Wow! That turned out amazing!

Unknown said...

Shelly, this looks awesome. I bought your DVD, Nov. 2010 and just now getting around to investigating an industrial machine. I think for my first slipcover for my daughter I am going to use painters drop cloth and possibly Stencil and Ikat pattern on it. You do such fabulous work. I am so impressed at how you match up pattern so well.
I remember learning how to do that with plaids in clothing attire 30 years ago. Now it's back - Wow