This is for Camille's (running partner) daughter's room. A few months ago, Camillle and I went thrifting and searching for some fabric at the fabric store. Our original intent was to find a chair to slipcover for Reagan's room. WE found a chair at ReStore, and Camille decided that she liked it enough to leave it alone and not slipcover it.
Then we headed to the fabric store to find fabric for a duvet cover. She fell in love with this red floral...kind of antiquey with a little bit of pink...that we were hoping would tie in the chair.
She bought enough fabric for the duvet, and remembered she had a pink flat sheet at home to put on the back. I always have tons of scraps and fabrics kicking around, so I told her we'd figure out pillows later..... I had enough red for a bedskirt and Euro pillow. I used this same red fabric on some red ruffled pillows I made at Christmas time.
We wanted to make it a little bit funky and more like a "little" girls room, so I tried to mix fabrics together that were a little unexpected. I think it worked!!! I loved the way it all came together.
The pillow sham was made out of this yellow print that I have always loved and have kept on hand and haven't used. I piped it out of some scrap piping that I found in my piping box.
I ruffled the Euro pillow out of the 2" bias strips as well.
Close up of bolster....the yellow dot is from the parson chairs and club chairs that I slipcovered at my cabin
Here's the chair we got and Camille painted the doll house light blue to tie in the ric rac on the bolster pillow. We are still plannning on doing a red ruffled pillow on the chair out of the small scraps of red that are left. The yarn flower picture on the wall is from Camille's Grandma's house....it works perfect!