Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slipcovers in Switzerland for Ikea Ektorp Chair

Hey Everyone....
So here's the story...a few months ago, Camille's (my running partner) aunt Susan was visiting from Colorado. She saw Camille's slipcovers and called me. I told her I couldn't help, because she was out of state...I need the chair, she persisted and said her chair was from Ikea. I told her she could mail me the original slipcover and I could make a pattern. So we chatted on the phone a few times and she ordered fabric.


Then that night I got a message from Susan on Facebook asking me if my dad was on a mission in Switzerland? She saw one of Camille's pictures on Facebook that I was tagged in with the maiden name "Chatterley", so she messaged me to see if it was a small world. Susan sat next to my dad's wife in church the Sunday before.
Susan was visiting Switzerland, because her husband was getting relocated there for work.


At this point she just thought I (Rochelle Chatterley Anderson) was one of Camille's friends whose maiden name was Chatterley. She was confused when I messaged her back and told her that I couldn't wait to see her cute fabric....She messaged back, "are you related to Shelley, why would you be excited to see my fabric". I then had to inform her that Rochelle was Shelley....TOO FUNNY!


SO dad was at their house last weekend and she took a picture of him sitting in the chair I slipcovered. Melts my heart.




Here is my Dad sitting in the chair I slipcovered for a client that moved to Switerland and by chance met my dad at church....small world!!! My dad is serving a mission in Switerland with his wife for our church.


I did a pair of chair slipcovers for Susan for her new place in Switzerland, she liked this pattern because it wasn't the typical damask or toile, and seemed "French" to her.


You can find the fabric here. It's from fabric.com. If you remember I used this same fabric in Turquoise on the upholstered rocker below
EKTORP Chair, Idemo black Width: 41 3/8 " Depth: 35 3/8 " Height: 34 5/8 " Seat width: 22 1/2 " Seat depth: 19 5/8 " Seat height: 17 3/4 "  Width: 105 cm Depth: 90 cm Height: 88 cm Seat width: 57 cm Seat depth: 50 cm Seat height: 45 cm
This is the  Ektorp Club Chair from Ikea. It has a seat and back cushion.



To see full post click the following Upholstered Pottery Barn Rocker Post


Photobucket

2 comments:

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

colquitt5 said...

I just happend to find your blog after searching the internet for slipcovers. You are very talented!! I have a chair just like your picture titled potterybarn slipcover(the rocker)that I am looking to have covered. I am wondering about the cost and how much fabric is needed to do the chair. Please email me at colquittgirls@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!!
Jamee