Thursday, May 17, 2012

Camille's Sectional

Camille ---my running partner has been wanting a turquoise sectional. So her husband scoured KSL.com and found this 2 piece sectional for a little over $100. We then ordered 35 yds of fabric off www.fabric.com


Sectional--BEFORE ---brown chenille type fabric

First AFTER--- we thought her current pillows would match and work GREAT! Turned out...not so much. It just wasn't quite the "WOW" factor we were expecting after all the hard work of slipcovering the sectional.


SECOND AFTER--- We toned it down with gray and white. The orange and yellows and bright turquoise were too much together and not "sophisticated". It felt like a bright teenagers room.

Although Camille is 10 years younger than me...it still wasn't working. hahaha! She'll love that comment!

I found this great gray/cream print on www.fabric.com for the curtains. I actually ordered it for my curtains and it didn't work out, so Camille and I traded her solid gray linen curtains for this fabric.


She got her white pillows from Ikea and I had made the gray stripe pillow for her front room awhile back.







Look how much better this works than the orange and yellow!

I believe we have now finished every room in Camille's house including her front room, her Master bedroom, and her daughter's room and now her family room!




Side Note--- We are getting ready for our next big project at the cabin over memorial weekend. We are removing the outside staircase and building steps with railroad ties into the hillside. We are also finishing handrail on the deck.


Stair case.


The boys were helping to remove large rocks to widen the area for the railroad ties. It's crazy to see that my 3 little boys are big enough to help, they are going to be teenagers before I know it! Then maybe they can load up my trailer for me and haul chairs down to my work room! That will be an exciting day!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So, if you ever feel like taking a trip to PA please let me know! Every time you post I am in love. This sectional is pure perfection! I don't know what it is about slipcovers, but I am so intimidated by the thought of making them. I don't know of any other sewing project that petrifies me like they do. You are so talented! This project would look so gorgeous in my living room. Maybe it's time for me to give slipcovering a try!

Colleen said...

Everything looks great! And believe me when I say little boys grow up fast and are very helpful with moving furniture for their Mom! Enjoy every minute you can, they do grow up so quickly! :)

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Wow! I wish I could sew better...I'd love to make slipcovers like that! I love the turquoise color too. I've been wanting some but they are very hard to find, or way overpriced. GREAT JOB!

catpal52 said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love it with the grey and white!