Friday, April 19, 2013

Sewing Contest week #3

Well the sewing contest continues!


I made it to week #3! Yea! This week the project is supposed to be something for me (Womens Clothing or accessories). Click here to vote!


Here's my project!
Newsboy Hat

I was inspired to make this hat after I tried to crochet a hat at a church activity. It was taking forever and my hand hurt from holding the crochet hook....and it looked REALLY bad! I thought I could make a hat out of fabric and sew it in 1/4 of the time. I started drafting the pattern, and through trial and error, I was able to get it right. The hat consists of 6 triangle pieces, brim, and band. I lined it, so no seams show. All the seams are topstitched, and there's elastic at the back for a better fit (which is enclosed between the lining and outside fabric). This hat can be fully reversible.



CLick here to vote!


Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

The Slipcover Maker said...

Very hip! You've got my vote, Shelley.

Unknown said...

Hope to see the pattern. That is adorable. You got my vote, also.