Thursday, April 7, 2011

Michelle's Chaise and bedding

Michelle has been a client of mine for the past 8-9 years. We have done many things for her house..couches, loveseats, ottomans, chairs, pillows, parson chairs, wingbacks, window seat cushions, and now a CHAISE LOUNGE for her bedroom! Her room before was red/tans. She decided she needed a change and decided to go with a Robins egg blue and brown.


Before...the chaise matched her old room. Sorry no cushions, I had already put the new covers on.

After...Cheetah print with a blue stripe. Originally she bought a solid brown velvet fabric and changed her mind...she wanted to make a statement and make it fun, so she went with the cheetah.
Another after. We did a 2"knife pleat around the bottom of the cover. We also did a 1" pleat ruffle on the back cushion.
Of course I had to match up the stripes. Tip on doing this I usually choose which stripe I want to center..and then I put pins down the center of my furniture every so often, so I can feel them underneath and make sure my chosen stripe is centered over the pins. Then when it's time to make the cushions you just need to center that stripe when cutting them out.
Here is a shot showing off her new bedding as well. I did all the pillows, and Michelle made the bedskirt.


We did 3-24" pillows in the back with a 1" ruffle. Then 2 standard shams with a topstitched flange (I always sew piping around the outside edge of the flange..it helps the flange to stand up better). Then we did two 20" pillows out of paisley fabric with fat piping.

Then we pieced the front pillow (12x26) out of her scraps, which she had a neighbor embroider.
I love how it turned out! Michelle has a great eye for fabric, and I always love to see what fabrics she got.
Here is her whole room...she had Phil our curtain guy make her pinch pleat panels out of the same silk stripe as the bedskirt. I don't do windows.

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Fullers said...

I LOVE the cheeta fabric! Beautiful

Pine Tree Home said...

Whaaa. Looks awesome. I am so into cheetah and zebra.

Unknown said...

Love the fabric and the cute trim ideas. Beautiful work and great tips for lining up the stripes.