Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another Upholstered Rocker

This client had a mossy green velvet couch and two black/cream toile wingback chairs....and this was the last chair to finish off the room. She couldn't take the floral any longer...but she loved the chair to rock her grand babies. So she thought this green large check w/ gingham piping would finish off her french country family room. I think it did the job!

Before....floral rocker

After green check with gingham piping.

Check out the matching ladies! From side to side as well as up and down. I was proud of it.


Close up of the front of the chair

Another after shot... I even matched up the bolster pillow to line up with the slipcover on the cushion. Crazy, I know.

Anyhow...got to take the day off today with Heber and went for a long bike ride while the kids were in school. I think we got 11 miles in. Fun to go hang out and enjoy the warm weather (57 degrees) today!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sewlutions' World said...

Lovely and kudos on matching the stripes both ways! I've noticed that your before pics are without the seat cushions and am curious if there is any particular reason.

Unknown said...

Great job on matching. You are a wonderful seamstress!!!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

I usually have the new cushion covers on when I take the slipcover back....so then I don't want to take the cover off for the before pic, so I just take the pic without the cushion.

Sewlutions' World said...

Thank you, that makes perfect sense. I forgot that you said you leave the furniture at the client`s house.

Rick said...

I love the bold color. What a great job. After 15 plus years of doing upholstery now I want to learn how to sew. ;) Thanks for sharing.