Monday, March 28, 2011

Pair of wingbacks and a round ottoman

This client was ready for a change!!! Her designer jumped at the chance to redo these hunter green wingback chairs. They chose a neutral lighter weight chenille for the chairs and accented them with a steel blue chenille pillow that we put a boxpleat ruffle on.

Her ottoman was a great find on KSL.com (like craigslist) for $50. It was a bit too tall so she removed the wheels. That is why the skirt is flared out in the before picture. I then cut off the skirt and slipcovered it in some cheetah chenille fabric. I decided to clean up the lines and did a band around the top and copied the original skirt that pleated every 13" all the way around.

Wingback chair BEFORE


Ottoman....BEFORE


AFTER...the set of wingback and the round cheetah ottoman. The fabric was pretty thick on the ottoman, so the tufting didn't really show through. If it did...we were going to lay a thin piece of batting down before we put the slipcover on.


Close up of chair .....and look at the boxpleat ruffle on the pillow.


Another after shot

Front of arm
Closer up of ottoman.



I love how the room turned out! The pillows and the ottoman finished it off for me.

Don't forget my DVD giveway is still going on until March 31st...we are in second place and need to pull ahead by Thursday night. (We are trying to win a free Ragnar Relay team...so come "like" my pic on facebook and I'll enter you in my giveaway). Here is the Slipcover DVD giveaway link. Remember you get an entry for every person you get to "like" my photo as well.

Janet over at the Empty Nest did a little write up of her experience making her first slipcover with the help of my DVD. She's a great story teller...so go check out her amazing blog!

5 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

All those pieces look lovely. Well done.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hey Shelley,
Thanks for the shout out! Praise from you is praise indeed.

janet xox

http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

Katie Gee said...

That empty nest blog is darling. Her slipcover looked really good. Your DVD must be AMAZING!

Rick said...

These look great. I really like the design of the chairs' covers. The ottoman is nice too. You do awesome work.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Morning Shelley,
I just tackled my first Wingback!!!! I love the results..thanks for your DVD!!

janet xox

I'm addicted ;->