Friday, August 27, 2010

Dropcloth couch and chair

Here is another couch and chair...that I was so excited about, I forgot to take the before picture. So I'll describe them to you. The chair was a forest green, and the couch was a red/forrest green floral. My client had me redo them to use in her back yard for more seating for her daughter's wedding reception. Then they were going to be moved to her daughter new apartment as a wedding gift. I don't know about you but I would love a new set of slipcovers for my wedding gift.

She used painters dropcloths for the fabric....some people love this and other's don't. Some think the fabric is weaker in spots and you have to be ok with the random flaws.

Couch after made of painter dropcloths
close up of front of arm of couch
chair after made of painter dropcloths

Close up of the scrolled back on the couch with piping.


close up of front of chair... I did a band along the front with piping at the top, so the fit stayed tight. I like to do it this way when you have a T cushion and no skirt.


Photobucket

4 comments:

April @ The Painted Cupboard said...

These are gorgeous!! Shelley, you are so talented!

Brandi said...

They look great! Do you just buy the drop clothes at the hardware store?

Meredith said...

Beautiful Shelly! So you have said a few times some people like the drop cloth look, others don't. What do you think? It is inexpensive yardage, that's for sure. Can't wait for the video!

Unknown said...

this is absolutely beautiful!! I'm going to attempt to drop cloth my love seat this weekend. Although I'm not sure it'll turn out as gorge as yours!!

www.bargaincornerdesigns.blogspot.com