Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lila's chairs

There was a pair of these chairs that Lila wanted me to slipcover, using some of her fabric that she designs for Riley Blake. She had a trade show coming up and wanted to use these chairs in her booth.


Here is the before...on old kitchen chair on wheels from the thrift store. Lila's planning on using them in her office after the trade show...kind of like office chairs since they roll and spin.




Here is the after we piped with the on fabric and did the skirt in the other.

I was concerned how the tuck in would stay...so when I felt under the chair there was a small gap that led up through the tuck in area. I sewed a small piece of ribbon onto the seam allowance in the center back where the skirt was sewn on and then I sewed the other piece of ribbon on the section of the main body that tucked into the crevice. Then I put a safety pin on the end of the ribbon so I could feed it down the crevice and through the small gap....then the two ribbons met and I could tie them together to help keep the tuck in from coming out.

Skirt
Lila's fabrics...how exciting to have your name on the selvage!!! Her fabric are quilt fabric that are 45" wide...so I self lined the skirts to give them a little more weight.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Sewlutions' World said...

That fabric is so pretty! I like that you used it for the piping and skirt.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful chair with beautiful fabric. She will have the best looking booth chair!!

Smart Living Today said...

Oh, how cute. I am never disappointed when I come here. You inspire me every time!