Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shabby Chic Wingbacks

I did these pair of wingbacks for a past client. She loves white and Shabby Chic. She was given a pair of wingbacks from her mother-in-law. She loved them, but they were starting to show wear and tear. So she got some white duck cloth and a Rachel Ashwell blue/cream stripe fabric and lots of lining. She wanted both chairs lined to help cover the embroidery and to make them wear longer with her kids.

Here is the before...


Here is the after on one of them...white duck cloth lined with "telephone arms"...at least that's what I call them. The skirt is raw silk. I did a 1.5" blind hem on the skirt to give it some weight.


Front...showing part of the arms and the cushion.



I love the blue skirt on the bottom.


Side view.



Second chair after...blue/cream stipe with no skirt and lined of course.



Telephone arms.....I run the vertical seam on the front of the arm to connect the outside arm and the inside arm.
Another after....
Shot of the room...with cream loveseat.


I love all her dark woods and antiques with the white and light blue.


Close up of front of chair.



Front of cushion.



After.




Close up of first chair skirt. I liked that she did each chair different and made the room look more eclectic.


Side note--- I think I am going through race withdrawls, Vegas Ragnar is in two weeks from tomorrow and I am not on a team....yet.  I really think I want to run. So if any of you need a runner, let me know.

Side note #2--- I now have a "Slipcovers by Shelley"  Facebook Page. Come "like" my page if you want to follow me on facebook.

Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed



Photobucket

1 comment:

The LadyBugs Garden said...

Nice job..I am going to slip cover a chair I have soon..Thanks

http://theladybugsgarden-stephanie.blogspot.com/

Stephanie