Thursday, August 23, 2012

Felted Wool Couch Slipcover

Couch- BEFORE--- Burgandy tufted silky fabric. It also had a skirt, but my client wanted to switch it up, so she grabbed a few screwdrivers and pliers and we pulled it off and removed the staples.


Couch--AFTER

She had amazing silk drapes that were tan and light blue that framed the window with the couch. LOVED it!



Camel color felted wool. Lots of texture and it was soft and washed up AMAZINGLY! It was also a bit heavier...so it covered the tufting well.




She loved the shape of the couch because it fit perfectly in her window nook. So instead of trying to find some bulky new couch that didn't fit, she hired me to slipcover the one she had.


Front of the arm (they call these English rolled arms)


No skirt, just ended it with piping and topstitched it up.




She had amazing silk drapes that were tan and light blue that framed the window with the couch. LOVED it!




Photobucket Photobucket


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the thing I like best about your slipcovers, is they look like a re-upholstered piece of furniture. They are so amazing, I just love your work. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I just love your work, what I really like best is that the pieces look like re-upholstered furniture. I am in awe. Thanks for sharing.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Bowing once again!!!!!!!

Love the painted table also ;->


Janet xox
The Empty Nest

Colleen said...

Looks great! Love the fabric too! Did you put something over all the tufting so that it doesn't show thru?

Rick said...

You are great at the tailored slipcover. Nothing too shabby in your resume.
It's difficult to find a fabric that I like that can be washed 4-6 times a year for slipcovers. Plus I need to get a serger. The unraveling of seams are common with the ones I have done so far.
Your work is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

michele said...

gorgeous work, and how i wished you lived in my area!

smiles to you.

michele

p.s.
would love to have you stop by and/or follow http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com!

td said...

What was the fabric that you used? Did you felt it yourself or just wash it prior to reduce later shrinkage? I love the wool, although the original couch looked pretty good without the skirt. I think it's nice to have a seasonal change, as well. Beautiful..CTD

Sherry @ Living in the Rain Garden said...

The slipcover looks beautiful.

ruzzel01 said...

All the collection are fantastic!

hyundai seat covers

trustedreviewever said...

Couch Slipcovers