Monday, May 20, 2013

White Couch Slipcover


My client decided she wanted to redo her couch in white twill.


BEFORE---


Couch---AFTER--- I was in love with all her decorating---that turquoise secretary desk was 100% me.


And check out her rug in the entry! BEAUTIFUL!!!


I had enough fabric, so I self-lined the skirts.


We decided to "box" the back cushions to give it a cleaner lines.





SIDE NOTE--- I ran my first full Marathon this past weekend! I finished in 4 hours and 30 min.
Here we are at 3:30am getting ready to go catch the bus to the start line! We'd been training since January. It was a bit brutal on those 8 degree days.

Here we are at the start line....pouring rain, luckily they handed out trash bags on the bus. Here's our group of 5 from my neighborhood that signed up.


Here is Teresa and I at mile 13! Still feeling great. I decided to take it easy and enjoy the journey and not push hard for a good time. I ignored the 4:15 pacer when he passed us---I didn't want to feel pressure to go faster.

I wore my trash bag till mile 20...it was still raining, but more of a drizzle by then. I was SOAKED by the finish. I couldn't wait to get back to the condo to sit in the hot tub and eat chocolate donuts!



Here I am running into the finish---my boys jumped in and ran the last bit with me! It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I never hit the "wall" that everyone talks about. 

At mile 22 I was thinking, "Yea!!! I won't have to stop and use the porta potty!" Almost immediately after that thought, I had to start looking for the next porta potty! Dang it! Oh well enjoy the journey right? I ended up having to find one at 23 miles and again at 24.5 miles! Too much powerade, I guess!

Teresa and I finished it together!



All five of us finished within 18 min. of each other. The first of us came in at 4:12 and the last of us came in at 4:30. 





Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am in love with that white slipcover! Oh how I wish you lived in California! Question about your DVD- what is the skill level of sewing needed to start. I am a novice sewer but am looking to slipcover or have someone slipcover my couch. What do you think? Would the video be too much for me?

Marigold and Maria said...

OOOHHHH so beautiful. I will order your DVD soon. Thanks!

trendyb said...

Anyway u can tell me what kind of twill she used? I have a double arm chaise that I am paying a sewing lady to make a slipcover for me by taking apart the old slipcover and making a new ne for me. We only have hobby lobby and Joanne's here but my seat cushion is 50" wide and I don't kow what kind of twill I can buy at that width?

trendyb said...

Anyway u can tell me what kind of twill she used? I have a double arm chaise that I am paying a sewing lady to make a slipcover for me by taking apart the old slipcover and making a new ne for me. We only have hobby lobby and Joanne's here but my seat cushion is 50" wide and I don't kow what kind of twill I can buy at that width?