Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Couch and Chair redo

SOME TESTIMONIALS!
Hi Shelly I just wanted to drop you a little note to say thank you for you expert advice in the ebook that you put together "get it covered" I just completed my first "real" on site fitting and dropped it off today It went perfectly and I could not have done it without your direction.
so Thank you Thank you;)
Cyndi

Thank you Shelley!!! I am so incredibly grateful for you sharing your knowledge. Your slipcover video and ebooks have given me the confidence and few new skills to start my own little slipcover business...And it is taking off!!! Up until now, all of the slipcovers I have made have been pin, cut, and sew, piece by piece. As long as I trust my pinning at my machine, it turns out beautiful. Thank you. Autumn


Autumn's SLIPCOVERS!!!


 Again, I feel like a proud momma!! ~ Nothing makes me happier than to see you all learn a new skill and put it to good use, whether you are just updating your own furniture or starting a home based business and updating someone else's furniture!




Photobucket
get it covered photo coveredbutton.jpgMy slipcover DVD shows you the basics. With this you will be able to complete your first project. This DVD is great for beginners to intermediate sewers.                                                                                                        







My Advanced guide builds on the skills you learned in my Slipcover DVD. I cover the detail techniques--patten matching, knife pleats, gathered skirts, different hem options, telephone arms, etc. Lots of what I show are aha moments to save you time and heartache.






PhotobucketMy Pillow Talk ebook will teach you how to make your pillows with zippers.

the whole 9 yards photo whole9yards.jpgMy Whole 9 Yards PDF talks about how to start and run a successful Slipcover Business of your own--From legal stuff, tax stuff, equipment, scheduling. hiring help, and managing your time.



Now onto business---
My client wanted to freshen things up for summer. She had a beautiful velvet couch already, but she picked up a similar shaped chair at a local consignment shop. She chose a chair that had a similar shape to the couch. They both have my favorite english rolled arms.
 Chair--BEFORE--brown corduroy.

 BEFORE--brown velvet couch

AFTER--white cotton heavy canvas fabric



 She had some amazing pieces--loved her coffee table in the rustic wood and the textured rug…PERFECT!

 Also--how cute is that basket???


 She decided she wanted to do tall skirts to mix up the look from before.


The slipcovers brightened up her whole space.





Side Note--Spent a fabulous weekend with Gina from Slipcover Chic and Kristi from Pink and Polka Dot doing a little continuing education--We spent our time on Waterfall skirts, parson chairs, wing backs, and pillows.
 I took the redeye flight in to North Carolina and Kristi picked me and and we met Gina at Dockside for lunch on the water.

 Gina had the cutest workroom, where we lounged, laughed, took pics, instagrammed, and worked.


 We also spent some time at the beach! I love the beach. I grew up in Southern California, so the beach is my happy place! Utah is beautiful and the mountains are amazing--but there's nothing like the beach. Can't wait for our annual Carlsbad beach camping trip with my neighbors.


OF course we hit up the local fabric store as well!






No comments: