Friday, September 24, 2010

Roxanne's house

So Roxanne is one of my repeat clients. Every year or so she calls me with a new project. I slipcovered the items for the office about a year ago, but I never got to see it all put together because they were still painting, so I left everything in bags in her garage. So this year when I finished the front room chairs and ottoman, I brought my camera.

One of my designer clients Katrina, helped Roxanne with her office and front room. I was blown away by how it all came together. I have worked with Katrina many times on some of her other jobs, and she always does a fabulous job. If you are local to SLC, UT and need some design help in decorating your home give her a call. You can email me at heberj1@yahoo.com for her phone #. She is great at finding things on a bargain, and fixing things up.


OFFICE


Here is a shot of the desk and office chair. I know the desk was a oak desk that she got off KSL.com and painted. The chair is your regular office chair on wheel from Office Max. I wasn't sure how the office chair thing was going to work out, and was really hesitant loading it into my trailer. It turned out great. The fabric is a pinstripe seersucker.  I didn't readjust any of these slipcovers before I took pics, I was impressed with how in place they still were after a year.

close up of office chair...it's turquoise/tan/cream pinstripe seersucker fabric.



Here is a shot of the office after all the slipcovers were put back on. The turquoise chair is a beautiful hot pink velvet underneath, and the couch is a great 90's floral underneath. She used a white cotton canvas on the couch. Both pieces were picked up second hand. On the couch were some yummy tan cable sweater looking pillows. I believe both fabrics were $3.99/ yd at Home Fabrics.



Another shot of the office after, this office is actually in her basement! I couldn't believe the light, the mirrored  french doors made the room for me. It was so peaceful in there.






THE FOLLOWING PICTURES ARE FROM THE FRONT ROOM

Front room Before... all the items were picked up from goodwill.



Front room After...cream canvas was used to slipcover the chairs and a green/turquoise stripe was used to slipcover the ottoman. The couch I slipcovered about 4 years ago, and she was still able to incorporate it into her new house.



Both chairs slipcovered...they are different shapes, but with the same fabric most people wouldn't notice they were different.



Close up of the white chair, showing the piping detail on the inside arm.




Close up of ottoman, the flash didn't do this fabric justice. It's a green/turqoise pinstripe.



A shot of the whole front room.



Photobucket


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up           party!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those slipcovers are absolutely beautiful! They make the office look so comfy and inviting. :)

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

You have such talent!!! Please come to Louisville and help me out with this slipcover madness....I am not only afraid..my bobbin is on strike. :)

Cheers~
e

Smart Living Today said...

Oh, my gosh. Your skill at making slipcovers is so good! This is my first try and getting them tight like yours is challenging. You do a wonderful job!!
Love your blog.
Peggy